The IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium (IMS) is the premier annual international meeting for technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice. It consists of a full week of events, including technical paper presentations, workshops, and tutorials, as well as numerous social events and networking opportunities. The symposium also hosts a large commercial exhibition. Co-located with IMS2 are the IEEE RFIC and ARFTG conferences.
- Total participation of 8626 including 4633 conference and exhibit-only attendees from 56 countries.
- Over 75 technical sessions, workshops, and panels sessions
- 54 MicroApps sessions
- A record breaking exhibition with 620 exhibiting companies including 67 first-time participating companies
- Engineering Students played a large part in the event through numerous presentations as well as the student design competition, student paper competition, PhD Initiative, and Project Connect
- The STEM Program on Thursday had over 200 middle and high-school participants
- The symposium's first ever Wearables + Wireless Pavilion, which showcased emerging wearable electronics that utilized RF and microwave technologies
- The debut of the RF Bootcamp, a three-quarter day course for newcomers to the microwave world